Traditionally, buyer-seller relationship was never great. Salespeople are still doing an old school method in selling. They use aggressive and selfish techniques to win a business which buyer decided to do something in to make sure they were not scammed.
In modern sales, salesperson and vendor can create and choose their own ideal customer for their business. Before even creating a brand or a product, businesses already know who their buyers are. Why? Because every time there’s a new customer who don’t see the value of the product, their bad experience reflects you and your company. Knowing who is the right customer for your business ensures a long and healthy relationship with your customers.
Salespeople should always be careful to evaluate their prospects at every stage of the process so they can provide the best outcome for their prospect and their company. Some of the characteristics and behaviors that define a good-fit buyer are obvious, while others are a bit more nuanced.
Let’s evaluate every stage in your sales cycle and find out the indicators that you have a poor buyer for your business.
#1: Prospecting is the stage in your sales process wherein you identify your potential customers.
- The location of the prospect is not within your target area
- The type of industry does not fit your target market
- The company size is larger or smaller
- The company revenue is higher or lower
You might also like: How to Get rid of Dead Leads on Your Database?
#2: Presentation or discovery is the part where you ask questions to know more about.
- They don’t have any need for your product or service
- They’re happy with what they have for now
- They have a third-party company who provides them with the same product or service
- They don’t have any issues or challenges with their current setup
- They have areas that they would like to improve don’t have budget for a new project.
#3: Proposal is the part where you introduce to the prospect the features of your product or service and how it can benefit them.
- All answers to your offer is a “No”. Here’s how Many Call Attempts Should You do Before You Surrender a Lead.
#4: Negotiation is where you try to customize your product or service to your prospect’s needs or if you want them to renew their contract.
- All answers of prospects are; “We don’t need that”, “We’re okay”, “We’re not interested”, “No, thank you”.
#5: Closing is where you get the commitment of the prospect to buy your product or consider your service.
- Prospects agreed to receive information for future reference but refuse an appointment. Try customizing your cold calling script to earn more appointments.
Using these signs, you will be able perfect your lead qualification process and identify if there’s an opportunity to promote your product or service and eventually turn this prospect into a buyer that is fit to your business.
Talk with our rep today. Dial +65 3159 1112
- The ‘PERFECT’ Time to Call a Prospect in Singapore
- The Many Pleasant Responses in Calling Irate Prospects in Singapore
- A Need For Customer Profiling In Reaching Much Targeted Audience